We started off casting south of starve. Marks were poor at best and only pulled one decent fish in 2 hours of fishing. Decided to pick up and move towards D can and work to green or rattle. When moving past the weather station off south bass, I started marking fish. Marks were great in through the area close to the weather station. We decided to throw the boards out and troll Fish were stacked in the 33 foot of water from the bottom to about 10 foot. After getting about 3 rods in the water off the big boards, my first one fired on a 40 jet 80 back. 27 inch fish. The boat started acting up on low idle and wouldn’t hold speed. Pulled the equipment back in and really couldn’t drift because the wind had died. Casted erie dearie’s and managed 3 more nice fish. It was disappointing to find a nice school of fish and not be able to work them! Better than work I guess.

Question
We have a 2001 29’ baha with a 8.1 volvo penta engine. We have all the trolling bags and necessary equipment to get the boat slowed down to troll. The boat at low speeds 1.1-2.5 mph will load up, cough and sputter than will surge ahead to 3-4.5 mph pulling all the lines off the big boards. We have had one of the better known groups around bass haven work on the boat and supposedly fixed the issue twice and it hasn’t worked. It’s getting frustrating driving up 2.5 hours to find out that the boat hasn’t been fixed and that you cannot troll for fish. Any thoughts as to what could be causing the issue?