Storing on the hard/dry?  Channelgrove? Storing on the hard/dry?  Channelgrove? Storing on the hard/dry?  Channelgrove? Storing on the hard/dry?  Channelgrove?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Boat storage / dock

Meinke Marina has both, I have been there 2 years now very nice people and reasonable you are a lot further west but the channel and ramps are deep and your a straight shot to west sister and the water intake, they have a night watchman that patrols the campsite and docks . I have my camper there also as of yet to have any problems, also they give $50.00 as a referral spiff for any new customers I will pass this on to you or any one who is looking to start docking at there site they have an east and west location office ph # 419 836 8610 tell them Mike Harris at cs-o31 east sent ya

Post Thanks / Like

Channel Grove offers inside storage on a trailer for $550/yr. 10 Dollars a night for dockage when you use one. No ramp. I use Marzerick. They probably offer outside storage in their fenced in area. Do not know for sure and do not know the fee.

Post Thanks / Like

Channel Grove is a great marina... You won't find better people and service... But they do not have a good boat launch ramp for self service launch. Mazurik is just a mile or 2 away but not on site.

When you are ready to dock your boat for the season though, check Channel Grove out again.

-Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Great feedback!

Sounds like I won't do Channel Grove this year due to the lack of a ramp. I know it is not far from Mazurik, but I like the idea of having a ramp in the same lot as my boat. I am however still leaning towards Channel Grove for a water dock if my plan for a new boat and a dock comes through next year.

Wakina, I had been looking at Tibbels, so thanks for the feedback on it. I really don't like steep ramps. Probably no reason for me to worry, but I still do. I avoid launching from Wild Wings for that very reason.

Dreamcatcher, I like the offer and like what you've done with your business. I have a lot of admiration for you and your wife. Unfortunately, I'm gonna pass as I would like to keep the boat as close to a ramp as possible. No particular reason as my Durango pulls it fine. Just like the idea is all.

Meinke east sounds quite interesting and worth checking into more. I like the idea of a night watchman looking out for our stuff.

I also am checking into Turtle Point Marina. Very good price for the service and I've launched there a few times in the spring for Walleye. I liked it each time.

Midway Marina is still in the running as well as it is over in my favored area. How's the run-out from Midway, anyone?

It appears that I MAY be putting it up west of Port Clinton this year from what I've found researching so far. B Can Man might be heading back to B-Can once again!
    21ft Red Mirrocraft Open Bow w/ gray Evinrude 120 OB. Nicknamed "Sunny Daze".

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.

Post Thanks / Like

After I posted that last message, I came across Bass Haven on the net. Do they have ramps there?

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Midway Marina

15 to 20 minute run to lake,3 or 4 gas docks on way out. They don't have a ramp only hoist, however if you pull out of there drive west harbor state ramp is right next to them no charge. Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to John yesterday the guy who owns Marblehead mini storage, its about 3 min. to mazuriks and he charges 35 dollars a month. I can give you his cell number if your interested.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again...

Finding a marina with a ramp on marblehead peninsula has been a less than fruitful experience. Other than Tibbles, I haven't found another with a dedicated ramp for regular launching by it's customers.

It appears that Harbors Edge may have a ramp that they have recently renovated. I don't mind the long run-out if that is the case as long as they have a decent ramp. The run-out would put me right where I want to start my trip in the lake from.

I had to put a kabash to being farther west. Dad's lack of sea sickness in recent years is probably attributed to us fishing so close around the islands, so there I will stay.

Gonna continue to try to call Harbors Edge and Channel Grove. I might take Bad Karma up on that number for the guy with the mini storage. I can't find that storage on the net though and would like to know how I can find it on a map to see exactly where it is at.