Aug 16 and 17 Aug 16 and 17 Aug 16 and 17 Aug 16 and 17
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aug 16 and 17

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dumping grounds?

Was at Cedar Point this weekend with the family and saw you perchers from the top of the Mellinium Force roller coaster! It looked really choppy Saturday but looks like it laid down pretty good today.

I have a question.....what is meant by the dumping grounds and how do you know exactly where it is? Do they actually dump waste out there? I've always wondered about this and can't seem to get a straight answer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PatSea View Post
    BLACKPEARL, did you get those walleye by drifting or trolling?
    Trolling with dipsys and lead core
    It's All About the Journey NOT the Destination!!!

"I FIND THE FISH I ALWAYS FIND THE FISH"!!!

1994 Sportcraft Hard top 250 Fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post

I have a question.....what is meant by the dumping grounds and how do you know exactly where it is? Do they actually dump waste out there? I've always wondered about this and can't seem to get a straight answer.
    Dumping grounds is were cedar point dumps their concrete, Man made reef out there! Click on link below then click on map move map around till you find cedar point then look straight out on lake and you'll see dumping grounds clearly marked hope this helps! -Dave

http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/14830.shtml

Post Thanks / Like

Picked up 35 Perch and well over 50 trashy fish omg this sucked today!
    Lobster bisque peel and eat shrimp and Lobster sandwich kicked A$$! LOL at The Boardwalk Put-in-bay! and sooo did all the hotties at the pool bars!
    -Dave

See you next weekend and remember I always announce my name when arriving on the water Channel 79 peeps!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK PEARL View Post
    Picked up 35 Perch and well over 50 trashy fish omg this sucked today!
    Lobster bisque peel and eat shrimp and Lobster sandwich kicked A$$! LOL at The Boardwalk Put-in-bay! and sooo did all the hotties at the pool bars!
    -Dave

See you next weekend and remember I always announce my name when arriving on the water Channel 79 peeps!
    A good day fishing... errrr... a good day is a good day!

Shooting for this Friday as long as the weather is good.

Looking forward to the mid-week reports until then.
    21ft Red Mirrocraft Open Bow w/ gray Evinrude 120 OB. Nicknamed "Sunny Daze".

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard ya announce you were on the water Saturday! Nice chatting with you on the radio.
    "ReelTime"
    Kencraft Challenger 215

Post Thanks / Like

Default dumping grounds

Found this and it sounds like other things that I've heard in the past.
    Rock debri from jyarb #11210 1/4/2009 9:44:04 AM
    From Michigan Sportsmen:

When shipping channels were blasted into Lake Erie's lakebed, the broken rock was loaded aboard large barges and towed away. Much of this material was used to develop breakwalls and harbors along the Detroit River, but a portion of the debris was simply dumped some distance away from the blasting sites. This created a type of "smallmouth heaven." Smallies congregate and hold in large numbers among these dumping grounds, most of which are located one-half mile east of the Banana Dike off Gibraltar. Bass aren't the only species to take advantage of this hotspot. Walleyes, pike and perch all call this area home and can be regularly caught here throughout the summer months. Also contributing to this location's good fit into the smallmouths' needs are the schools of baitfish that are drawn to these rocks. In all, the rock-infested dumping grounds may just be one of the top locations for smallmouths in our state and certainly in Michigan's portion of Lake Erie.

Post Thanks / Like

Default also this

the sandusly area dumping grounds on erie from eriedude #11072 1/4/2009 4:56:54 PM
    consist of harbour and canal dredgings. they are usually 1 or 2 miles out from the mouths of the bays, harbors and rivers.these areas are furtile with oxygen and nutrients which draw the baitfish and are good "perch fishing grounds".UNLESS they are dumping in them ,which is pretty common these days,then they are a muddy mess.there is one marked dumping ground that holds some of the biggest smallies around but youll have to find that one on your own.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dumping Grounds

How deep is the water at the dumping grounds near Cedar Point and which launch is best to get there? Thanks for any help you can offer!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by janwil View Post
    How deep is the water at the dumping grounds near Cedar Point and which launch is best to get there? Thanks for any help you can offer!!!
    http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/14830.shtml

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Coastal_M...0/Default.aspx