Aug 16 and 17 Aug 16 and 17 Aug 16 and 17 Aug 16 and 17
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aug 16 and 17

Post Thanks / Like

I was fishing in 42 FOW NE of Dumping grounds on Friday
    It's All About the Journey NOT the Destination!!!

"I FIND THE FISH I ALWAYS FIND THE FISH"!!!

1994 Sportcraft Hard top 250 Fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Black Pearl for the info and the maps!! It's fisherman like you that make this a truly great forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Here are the size Walleyes we caught and perch to!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK PEARL View Post
    Here are the size Walleyes we caught and perch to!
    My oldest (12) said "those fishing rods on top?" when your rig went by. I said "yep". "Why are they up there?" was the next question. My response was "Cuz he likes 'em up there". To my surprise there was a follow-up question. "Why does he have so many rods?". My response; "He can't figure out which one he likes the best. It's kinda like a girl with shoes." She thinks just a split second and then goes "oooohhhh" as if she was sympathizing.

I let this go on for just a minute then explained trolling to her and how it figured into my goals with a kicker motor. My second to oldest (10) was soaking this all in and simply stated "I like that Black Pearl". We (they) then speculated on how you came up with "Black Pearl". The second says "Maybe he likes pearls?". The oldest says "Maybe he finds oysters in his boat. You know, when he is not fishing". I threw out that maybe it was because the black motor was like a pearl on the back of the white boat. expressions. Last thing came from the second; "Pearls aren't black, they're white".

So there you have it from the peanut gallery.
    21ft Red Mirrocraft Open Bow w/ gray Evinrude 120 OB. Nicknamed "Sunny Daze".

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.

waterdog Guest

Red face Kids are Great~!

Quote Originally Posted by B can man View Post
    My oldest (12) said "those fishing rods on top?" when your rig went by. I said "yep". "Why are they up there?" was the next question. My response was "Cuz he likes 'em up there". To my surprise there was a follow-up question. "Why does he have so many rods?". My response; "He can't figure out which one he likes the best. It's kinda like a girl with shoes." She thinks just a split second and then goes "oooohhhh" as if she was sympathizing.

I let this go on for just a minute then explained trolling to her and how it figured into my goals with a kicker motor. My second to oldest (10) was soaking this all in and simply stated "I like that Black Pearl". We (they) then speculated on how you came up with "Black Pearl". The second says "Maybe he likes pearls?". The oldest says "Maybe he finds oysters in his boat. You know, when he is not fishing". I threw out that maybe it was because the black motor was like a pearl on the back of the white boat. expressions. Last thing came from the second; "Pearls aren't black, they're white".

Loved reading this Post~! I thought of my girls who are all grown up now. They still love to fish!
    ~Water Dog

Post Thanks / Like

Yep.....puts a smile on your face! I miss the days when mine were young, but now I have 3 grand kids who will be fishing with me before long. Good times!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B can man View Post

My friends Ron & Anne came up with the name it just sounded RIGHT!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by janwil View Post
    Thank you Black Pearl for the info and the maps!! It's fisherman like you that make this a truly great forum.
    Thanks Man I've learned MOSTLY everything on my own in the past 3 years!
    I'm the kind of guy that will go out of my way to help others to the best of my knowledge! -Dave