orange walleye filets orange walleye filets orange walleye filets orange walleye filets
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default orange walleye filets

has anyone esle experience orange filtes. We cleaned 2 walleyes this weekend one fish was all orange and another had orange spots. We also had one that still had eggs. I hope I spelled filtes correctly, if not go ahead and make fun of me I can't spell.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes! I cleaned one a month ago that was orange/brown and one that still had eggs also. They came from kellys area. A discussion on here a while back suggested something about a lack of oxygen causing the discoloration.

Post Thanks / Like

Default eggs

We havent had any orange fillets, but we did have one with eggs still in it. They were dried up a little, but it looked normal other than that.
    Imperial 24' walk-around
    17' Mirrocraft
    Lowrance Global Map 7600 HD

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dave,

I'm not going to make fun of your spelling but I am making fun of the 2x4 that your rod holders are screwed to. Is that some new engineering you have come accross

Post Thanks / Like

it's a 1 x 4 ruff sawed oak from the hills of west virgina, it was milled in the 30's when my friend charlie's parents made their home place. Don't make fun of my 1x4.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by penalty box View Post
    it's a 1 x 4 ruff sawed oak from the hills of west virgina, it was milled in the 30's when my friend charlie's parents made their home place. Don't make fun of my 1x4.
    .....and no one better make fun of the hills of West by God Virginia either!!......

Post Thanks / Like

I had a limit of fish early this year and they were all orange. I thought maybe it was my well water when I rinsed them off or maybe a lot of muddy water from all the rain. I have had nothing but clean white fish since then, go figure. And I do bleed all of my fish as soon as they are caught to produce the cleanest meat possible.