New member, veteran fisherman! New member, veteran fisherman! New member, veteran fisherman! New member, veteran fisherman!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fish'n'Technician Guest

Default New member, veteran fisherman!

My uncle refered me to this site, said you guys had some good insight to the lake. Well thought I would try it out and give you guys some ideas too.

Oh and this is the first time I got the boat out this year, mechanical and time wise issues (damn work).

Monday the 5th
    Weather:sunny clear skies around 86 when we came in
    Wind: almost none slight southwest
    Water:crystal clear for lake erie 1ft or less
    Location:12-14 miles out just north/north west of west sister (53 degrees from meinkes)
    Method: Trolling 1.4 mph (had to use a drift bag to get that low, no troller)
    Catch: 4 eyes (19"-23") and 4 perch (8"-10")

Started off about 8am trolling 4 1 sized dipsies with various stinger patterns (monkey puke, watermellon, firefly, and a few new ones reds and greens) caught a few **** fish on em. Also had 2 planer boards out using crawler harness off of bottom bouncers. Only had 4 ouncers on the boat so we used em 30ft back of planers and 60ft back of boat from planers. Picked up one eye on a crawler harness. So we quickly switched 2 more dipsies out for planers and bouncers. Metallic chartreuse worm harness seemed to be the best, caught 3. One on a metallic red harness. Picked up 3 more. Really slow day out there. Did get some nice perch trolling too. 10"ers.

Tuesday the 6th
    Weather: partly cloudy, high of 90 when we came in
    Wind: nice breeze 5-15 mph south by southwest 1-3ft waves
    Water:crystal clear for lake erie
    Method: Drifting about 1-1.5 mph
    Catch: 3 eyes (20"-22") and 11 perch (8"-10") dont like keeping perch under 8"

Pretty much the same as monday 53 degrees out from meinkes started drifing at 12 miles heading straight for middle sister. Slow day for fishing again. Using mixture of different colored worm harness' and 2oz and 4oz bouncers. Seemed like a 4oz bouncer w/ metallic chartreuse worm harness was the ticket of tuesday. Were catching the perch off of a 2oz bouncer rigged w/ gold bladed warm harness w/ a red flash sticker on the inside of the blade. Only thing that caught perch and none were smaller than 8". That line was out there a ways, prolly 60-75ft. The 4oz bouncers were as straight down as we could get them, prolly still had 45ft out.

Hope this info helps you all out. Goin out saturday early, leaving meinkes at 5am. I will try and post when I get back home.

Fish'n'Technician Guest

Default Forgot some info for you.

Monday and tuesday started off in 30ft of water and trolling out on the edge of 32ft.

I only use yellow bird planer's mainly cause i dont wanna spend the time or money to get/make a good set.

Monday trolling depth was around 20-25ft for dipsies and around the same for the 4oz bouncers at 30ft out from planer's.

Tuesday set up 4oz bouncers so they just touched the bottom in the swell of a big wave and the 2oz'er was pretty much draggin bottom catchin perch.

And yeah I realized I should have put this under the fishing reports section. Sorry after thought.

Good luck this weekend anglers!