question for charters question for charters question for charters question for charters
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shouldabeen View Post
    The information that these so called none paying captains give on this web site is PRICELESS. You only see the times that they have an opening and are looking to fill it. By what I've read when you go with one of these captains not only do you fish but they show you how. When I first started reading this site I was amazed at the amount of information these captains give. Most captains guard their fishing spots like its life or death. The captains here will give you all the information they have. I thank everyone one here for all the information shared.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Rookie Perch fisher, veteran Perch eater.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree also. I am new to this site but have been reading posts for years as a visitor. I ask a question about spoons and skipper9 replied almost instantly. Not to many captains are going to do that. I am going to start my trolling program next weekend with spoons and will take all the help I can get. If I cant get the hang of trolling spoons affectively, I will have to hire skipper9 to help me. Keep up the good work and just love this site.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sorry, but I have to chime in!

Badkarma said it very well. I don't think there is anyone on this site who has helped more people than Skipper9. I have never fished on his boat, because I have my own, but I can tell you that anyone who ask's me about a charter I refer them to Skipper9. His generosity is second to none. Who else sends out perch rigs free to people just so they can learn how to make them? That is only one of many things he does for us. I also know he has helped out some other guys who were just starting to charter, how many charters can say that? It's normally dog eat dog and keep all the info to yourself.

I think Skipper has a great business plan. Help people, make friends, gain respect, show people what you can do and they will come. I'll bet you don't have much trouble filling spots.

Sometimes I sense a little jealousy because of the way the man catches fish! So if you think it means more to us that you pay for your ad but you fail to share fishing reports or help out......I think you're wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Default ??????

Pretty much sums it up about all the Captains I know period . All of them teach and talk as well as being friendly .
    As far as jealous, dont think so . Im retired and fish as much if not more then most captains do . I didnt name names on here at all . just the fact of having people pay for advertisment to get their business and other basiclly free loading on here without paying . Would love to see what would happen if you paid for advertising and someone jump on your site and took business away from you by just posting on your site . Im sure many would have a fit about it .

I remember the days of going out and finding your own fish and catching them . Thats why it called fishing not catching . So many people count on the reports because of being lazy and not truely knowing how to fish . The only way they catch fish is by running to other peoples spots . That is not truely being a fisherman if you cant find and catch your own fish .
    Disagree all you want but wrong is wrong no matter what !!!
    Good Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't need reports because you are not lazy and can find fish on your own then why did you join this forum? You sure are not here to share your information are you? Why do you continue to use this forum? Those three things alone seem to contradict your statements along with one of your other 6 replies!

For someone who does not use reports you seem to be sure Happy Hooker gives accurate reports.

How would you know if the Happy Hooker gives accurate reports or not if you don't use them? I direct all of the members that read my post to reply #2 in the thread in the provided link.

My post is based upon my observation of you activity on this site! Just Sayin!!!!

http://community.walleye.com/showthr...?t=6124&page=2
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy hooker

Dave and Caroline are good friends of mine and many people on here use their shop for the jig bite in the spring . Just pointed out his report to let others see it for their own good ... they are also a better staring point then most other reports you get ...

You are totally missing the point of this thread ... the point is that free loaders are taking business from the Captains that "PAY" to have their name on this site ..... Most of the guys doing it are not full time captains just weekend guys looking to make money for their fun fishing times. FUlltime captains have their own customer bases for repeat customers , not looking to fill a boat with cash paying customers as to hide the money from taxes.

Doesnt matter if you agree or not just my opinion . There are a couple of other sites these freeloaders tried this on only to be booted from the sites because of it . I for one would pull my paying advertisment from a site that allows others to do it for free ..
    Good fishing
    Last edited by fishhead315; 05-20-2013 at 08:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

We were all just fine before you showed up. So....just saying. Don't rock the boat....

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Default rock the boat ???

sometimes the truth hurts when its told ... so be it ... Ill be around a good while so no problems there ... LMAO ... going to talk to a new captain I know and have him start posting on here with his cheaper rate then anyone and see how it works out for him ... He only fishes weekends as well and said before he would do walk ons for 50.00 a person .
    Good Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishhead

Get a life fish face. Don't be such a killjoy. I'm one of the many that enjoy these captains posts and I don't even fish your side of the lake. You must be retired and completely bored to start such a stupid thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Default comment

Quote Originally Posted by fishhead315 View Post
    Pretty much sums it up about all the Captains I know period . All of them teach and talk as well as being friendly .
    As far as jealous, dont think so . Im retired and fish as much if not more then most captains do . I didnt name names on here at all . just the fact of having people pay for advertisment to get their business and other basiclly free loading on here without paying . Would love to see what would happen if you paid for advertising and someone jump on your site and took business away from you by just posting on your site . Im sure many would have a fit about it .

I remember the days of going out and finding your own fish and catching them . Thats why it called fishing not catching . So many people count on the reports because of being lazy and not truely knowing how to fish . The only way they catch fish is by running to other peoples spots . That is not truely being a fisherman if you cant find and catch your own fish .
    Disagree all you want but wrong is wrong no matter what !!!
    Good Fishing
    Find your own groove. Find fish then figure them out , not figure out exactly what somebody else is doing. More satisfaction comes from getting it done yourself. Pay attention to what you are doing and look at your fishfinder. I like those days when its quite, we have fun and put some fish in the cooler. Enjoy the day fishing instead of chasing the charter boats. There are over 800 charters on Erie waters just for Ohio and we have to find fish and figure them out like anybody else. Just because there are 7 , 8 or just one charter sitting on a spot doesnt mean he is or is not catching. We have to spend our day teaching, coaching and try get them to get a fish on the line to get a smile on their face. Fishing should always be a fun activity.
    Last edited by gregnwtf; 05-21-2013 at 12:37 AM.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]