Perching reports? Perching reports? Perching reports? Perching reports?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Perching reports?

Plan on goin for perch this sat am. My better half prefers perching over walleye. I usually wait till later in the year to start perching, so just looking for a good starting place this spring. My boat is trailered, so I am open to any suggestions. Thanks in advance for any input. Stay safe...a report shall fallow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crain351 View Post
    Plan on goin for perch this sat am. My better half prefers perching over walleye. I usually wait till later in the year to start perching, so just looking for a good starting place this spring. My boat is trailered, so I am open to any suggestions. Thanks in advance for any input. Stay safe...a report shall fallow.
    Looks like Niagra and rattlesnake have been producing good numbers of perch!
    It's All About the Journey NOT the Destination!!!

"I FIND THE FISH I ALWAYS FIND THE FISH"!!!

1994 Sportcraft Hard top 250 Fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

North of kellys is good. Got a few around marblehead lighthouse. Rattlesnake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch report

Well went perchin' this mornin, and thanks for the input. Seen the weather report and figured with the winds and posible higher waves to play it kinda safe (lil 18' boat). Fished south of Kelleys west of ferry line in 25 fow. Started quick and ended quick with pickin a few up, and moved alot in that general area with same results. Tried east of kelleys with no luck on perch, but did see a few walleyes being netted. All in all not a bad first trip out, ended with enough perch for a good meal and my better half is happy she went perchin' . Stay safe...

Post Thanks / Like

Default fish biting

Post spawn walleye time now and the walleye drifting being slow last week. The perch action really was fantastic. So many limits of perch coming in and the size on the huge range. Yellow perch has been one of my favorites, wish I had time to go after them but customers desire Walleye. Trying to talk some of them into a combo of morning perch and walleye after that. Mid May post spawn bite starting out good if good the wind cooperates. Afternoon winds heats up the walleye bite as it has most days all spring. So take some minnows over the next week if your not sure of the walleye bite. We have taken some nice walleye the last 2 weeks with alot of females biting. The fish are stacked up, looking for food but it still takes the right action you present. Bottom bouncers with worm in a few of my select patterns took fish. Perch are taking the worm also so that means a good bite for them. The outer shelf breaks just off the reefs are holding alot of fish so you dont have to run to the outer reaches with a full tank of fuel. Catches of walleye are fair to good and perch catches are good. The next few weeks should be a bonzi. The water temp is 59-60. Good Fishing !
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]