OK... someone said this is the place to ask questions so here goes. Back in the late 80's and early 90's I fished around the islands all the time. I got pretty good at jigging for fish early on the reefs and then catching them with the old Erie Derie lure. I then did some bottom bouncing with a worm harness and even invested in a planer board outfit. I then did a stretch of 16 years of spending 2-3 weeks every summer strictly jigging for walleye in Canadian lakes. Now I am retired and I want to get back to fishing in Erie. I live south of Cincinnati, and the bad weather this spring has kept me from driving that distance to visit the lake. I am planning on coming up from 5/10 to 5/16.

Where is my best chance to catch some walleye and what tactics do I employ?
It appears from my reading here that jigging the reefs is about over.
I have camped from Magee, near Wild Wings, to Kelly's Island. Where should I start this year?

I'm thinking a couple of weekend nights at private campground Magee, then moving over to East Harbor or taking the ferry to Kelly's during the week. Any suggestions as to fishing locations, tactics to use now, baits and camp spots would be much appreciated. thx...