Motor overheating when trolling Motor overheating when trolling Motor overheating when trolling Motor overheating when trolling
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default impellar

Impellar is new, maybe an obstruction ? She cools right off when idled up a touch. Might go the new impellar route again, maybe something not right, thanks, mike

Post Thanks / Like

Did you get the new housing and all with the impeller? I had one still get hot after putting a new impeller in and once I got the new housing it was fine. Also just last night I put one in and the seal for the copper tube in the upper unit was smashed causing it to leak around it.
    Imperial 24' walk-around
    17' Mirrocraft
    Lowrance Global Map 7600 HD

Post Thanks / Like

Default housing

No, did not replace the housing, might not be sealing well, might just go with a total rebuild kit for the impellar. really don't want to resort to an outboard on the rear of the boat. Motor is a Mercruiser, I/O. Thanks all, mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishin2 View Post
    No, did not replace the housing, might not be sealing well, might just go with a total rebuild kit for the impellar. really don't want to resort to an outboard on the rear of the boat. Motor is a Mercruiser, I/O. Thanks all, mike
    you must check the housing and especially the cover with a straight edge. usually the covers wear concave and at times can be sanded with a glass plate and some compound if the plate is thick enough.....fwiw.....good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Was the old impeller missing any arms.. I have had some of the rubber arms blocking some passage ways I. The past.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Impeller

No,nothing missing. Was just a little dry and I replace it every other year, needed or not. Only had the boat 2yrs and this is the first time pullin boards with it and she got a hot at an idle. Gonna check into an impeller housing today, just might be the way to go, replace everything and eliminate that possibility. Thanks fellas, your always a great help, Mike

Post Thanks / Like

could be the water jackets in your exaust manifold are starting to corrode shut creating a water flow problem this happens alot to salt water engines. just a thought