if anybodys going out tuesday dont call me i dont want to go noaa says north winds to 50 knots 14 - 18 foot waves. what would the mph be at 50 knot winds. i think the biggest i ever been in was 10 ft lake was beautiful and the wind kicked up we were at niagra and we ended up behind west sister where there was probally 50 boats tried to make it out a few times and the waves were coming over the boat sat back behind the island waited for a couple hours had my mom and dad my moms friend her 10 year old son and a buddy of mine. i finally told the women to get in the cabin i was going home and it was to be a rough ride. when we left there was 3 or 4 smaller boats wanting to follow me in i told them ok they wanted to ride my wake in we left an hour before dark and after a mile or so i looked back and saw no boats following. next day when i read the paper it said there was a half dozen boats capsized. we made it and that was my roughest ride on lake erie.dont know if it was the boats following. any body else got a good story about the lake. we cant fish might as well read some lake erie stories.