This being my first post, I want to thank everyone for all great little bits of wisdom I've gathered from this site over the past couple of years. I made an awesome discovery the other day that I just had to share. I'm from Castalia and we generally put in at Mazurik or Catawba Island. We usually stop in Bay View and get our shiners before we head over the bridge. We always felt we got the most bang for our buck there. A mention of Jeanette's Bait was made on this website and I had never heard of it. I have NEWS for those of you who put in at Catawba Island. If you get your bait anywhere other than Jeanette's you are missing out. It's a little off the beaten path but I'm wishing I had found this place years ago. I generally pay $2.50 ish for a scoop of minnows and figure AT LEAST one scoop per person. On my first visit to Jeanette's I found that she charged $1.50 a scoop and since there were three of us I asked for 3 scoops. She evidently did think I needed 3 scoops because she charged me $3.00 and I had more minnows than if I had paid for five or six scoops somewhere else. The three of us ended up with 80+ perch and we still had half the minnows left. I can't justify traveling to Catawba to get bait if we're putting in at Masurik but I won't get minnows anywhere else if we're going out of Catawba. I can't say enough good about my experience, the place is not fancy but if you're after shiners or perch rigs, this is the place. I'm done bragging out this place but I've got a couple other issues I'll address in future posts. Sorry I'm long winded but good luck to everyone this weekend.