Quote Originally Posted by indyfisher View Post
I am coming up this weekend and would like to troll for some eyes and do some perch fishing. I have not trolled on erie yet. I have small inline planner boards and downriggers. Can I run the 40 jets behind the planner boards? Was planning on using spoons and reef runners and j7s. Any other tips would be helpful. Has anyone heard of anyone catching smallmouths around the reefs yet?
I have been using jet 40's behind my churches walleye boards as well as my tx 22 church boards for over 5 years. They have never been pulled under the water unless a large fish such as a sheep, catfish or walleye took the lure. I have pulled J-7 & J-9, spoons and harnesses with no problems. This year I switched to the tru-trip 40 deep divers (they look like and dive like a regular jet with a trip device) and they pull even harder than a jet and I have not had any issues pulling them with my inline church boards and lures mentioned earlier. I cannot talk about the offshore brand of inline boards because I have never used them. I have ran this combo as fast as 2.8 GPS speed with no issues. There are 2 members on this site that can verify my statement as they have fished with me while using the church inline boards with the tru-trip 40 deep divers.