perch 7/29/12 perch 7/29/12 perch 7/29/12 perch 7/29/12
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: perch 7/29/12

Post Thanks / Like

Default boat

The course may have been a little more NNW. I have an older 27' Bayliner. It's a sundeck but I had a convertible top special made for it. I take good care of it and it runs good. Not the greatest fishing boat but the price was right. One advantage to her design is she can handle some really rough water. Deep draft though at 40 inches.

Post Thanks / Like

will keep an eye out for you are you in meinkes or anchor point? I run a 27 sport hardtop called summer huntin. i am at b82 at meinke's

Post Thanks / Like

Default boat

E21 in Mienke's (charter boat row) the "Drift Away"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday

Just the son and I. Gold shiners. Same place. Tons of small white perch. If you could get it to the bottom before the white perch hit then you got yellow perch and often doubles with very few throw backs under 7 inches. We ran out of bait on the white perch. Ended with 49 yellow perch and 11 lbs at the cleaners. No other fish. Just white and yellow perch. We even had a few night crawlers that worked just as well. We tried deeper water earlier with no results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elrod00 View Post
    Sunday we fished about 4 miles NW of the intake. Light bite stealing bait. Few junk fish but not many. Fishing no bling on the bottom. Did better once we satrted cutting the minnows in half and double hooking the halfs. On the bottom with no bling using Crappie rigs. 18-20 feet of water. 3 people and 18lbs at the cleaners. Would have gotten a lot more had we started cutting the minnows earlier but we ran out of bait. Caught one really big Rock Bass. Lost one rod when fish pulled it from the wifes hands. Hit like a Walleye and we have been catching a few Walleyes in this area on perch rigs. Perch size were ok but only a few in the 10-12 inch range. Quite a few doubles.

Perch is just a great guy that loves to fish

fishing miami beach & Dolphin Fishing Miami

Post Thanks / Like

my dad brother and i went out between niagra and c can staying towards the outside of the pack about half a mile and were six shy of three man limit. only handful of small but average was around nine to ten inchers. definately a ton of white bass around though. about three white bass to one perch on average. you using spreaders?

Post Thanks / Like

Default West Region

Brother Killing them out there

Donzi "Takin Care of Business"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spreaders

I just use a crappie or river rig. (just a sinker with two hooks above it.)