Perch'n Perch'n Perch'n Perch'n
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Perch'n

Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch'n

We fish .8 mi. north of B can with nothing to brag about with a few in the box. We moved to north of C can but the perch were alittle larger and a few more problems with the garbage. Moved to Niagra caught a few more to just bring us to being just 2 shy of our limit with58 in the cooler. Sun and heat strated to get to us and it seemed the fish just shut down. The new anchor ball worked great and allowed us to move more or probably would have called it quits after the first move.

Gene

Post Thanks / Like

Glad that anchor ball worked for you! I have not tried to use mine since the first time for no other reason than I just haven't. I have had a human windlass along on most trips and did not feel the need to use it.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for writing---hongxiu007li120629

Say thanks a lot for your time and efforts to have had these things together on this site. Josh and I very much treasured your knowledge through your articles with certain things. I know that you have many demands on your own schedule hence the fact that you actually took just as much time like you did to help people really like us through this article is also highly valued.---hongxiu007li120629

Patriots Jersey
    New England Patriots Jerseys
    Patriots Shop
    Patriots Store

Post Thanks / Like

I read your previous thread but don't know what an anchor ball is, but I do have a solution to jumping up on the boat to pull an anchor. I usually attach the anchor line to my front cleat back at the dock with as much line as I would need. (You have to make sure you don't get any rails between the cleat and the water when you route the line). When I get to my fishin spot I throw the anchor. Then I attach another piece of rope to the anchor line with a carribeaner clamp. I let go of the anchor line and attach the other piece of rope to the middle cleat. When it's time to pull up and move, I have the passenger grab the rope and pull the anchor line back to them while I drive the boat to the anchor. (I just bump it in and out of gear so it doesn't go to fast, you don't want to go faster than they're pulling it in). I've been doing it that way for a few years now after seeing some "veteran" fisherman in an old lyman do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Good suggestion.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anchor ball

Go to ironwoodpacific.com the have a short vid. on how it works. We are guys that are medically challenged one way or another and need all the help we can get.lol

Gene