Friday the 13th Friday the 13th Friday the 13th Friday the 13th
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Friday the 13th

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

hey island runner in the long list of thing you gave him without even a thank you . i noticed you forgot to mention the 6 pack of beer . after a day and a half im sure you could of used that 6 pack .

Post Thanks / Like

The six pack was the cheapest thing, probably why it slipped my mind. And damn right $50 was a hell of a deal. I wasn't trying to break even, just recoup a little. I am not rich by any means but am fortunate to have a good paying job that I work damn hard at. I knew he couldn't afford splitting fuel 50/50 but thought he could pay something at least sometimes. Anyone else I have ever had out would either pay without asking or at least ask how much the trip would cost before we headed out. Some would buy groceries beer bait for the weekend. As long as people tried to help I never mind how little it may be. Sometimes I come out ahead, but mostly I do it for fun and friendship. Most people don't mind paying their share. Some though will always try to find a way around paying for anything. I guess its just how the world goes round.
    Wellcraft 3200 Coastal T-454s

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, broke at the fuel dock...

I have a little sticker in my personal aircraft, it says: "This airplane runs on fuel, not thanks"
    You need a similar one for your boat!

Post Thanks / Like

Yea Bryan, agreed. I saw a bumper sticker once that read " Grass, Gas, or Ass... No one rides for free." Thought about trying to find one but figured if I ever get boarded the officers wouldn't find it too funny.
    Wellcraft 3200 Coastal T-454s

Post Thanks / Like

The really sad thing is that this dude has a very well paying job, well over 100 grand a year. Acts like he can't afford a few bucks for gas, bait or food. It is really not about the money but the principle, when he said to me that it would cost me the same amount no matter if I took him along or went by myself so he couldn't see why I had said that usually people donate something for gas,bait or food. That was the last straw! Just an offer of $20.00 for fuel would have satisfied me, it would have shown me that he was somewhat grateful. I am not in the business of getting paid but boats are expensive to own and operate and he did have a day on the lake free of charge. Back to the start of last Friday, I did not invite him, he just showed up at my home and wanted to go fishing, I am retired, so with nothing else to do, we went fishing.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip