i dont have a troll motor. just a big ole inboard. therefore i havent trolled with it. i was wondering if i caught a good current would i be able to drift fast enough to simulate having a troll motor and possibly get same results. i think the slowest i can get the engine going is about 2.5 just got the thing last year. old boat. old motor. old depthfinder. boat needs a complete makeover but in the meantime id still like to catch some fish. did really good jigging first trip out. maybe beginners luck but all colors were working. around 15fow. last saturday not so good. trolling seems like it always works if done rite so im hoping for some more advice. thanks guys. be patient with me. this is all BRAND new to me.ive never walleye fished in my life. i didnt even know what a walleye looked like until a about 2 months ago. always enjoyed fishing but havent been to lake erie in over 20 years. and i was just a child then. wasnt out there to learn anything, just catch perch. so im buying little things as i go for the walleye now.