Quote Originally Posted by CATCHNRELEASE View Post
Are most guys using 10 lb mono? Or something else like 14 lb fireline ect. For trolling. I am not sure what to use and it makes it hard to compare notes unless the line being used is similar. ?is there a general consensus out there on kind of line used (mono or fireline) and pound test? I need to spool up some line but want to put on what everyone else is using so i can share info. Thanks appreciate any info.
That really tough, just about everyone uses what they like and it's all over the board. Braid, mono, fireline and in all different dia.'s. Along with do they have the spools full, what brand reels. Are they trolling with, against, cross the currents as that will change the depth the lures run. Spool up with what you prefer, and go from there. Most cranks ( let's take 800 series RR) 20 ft of line is only 3 ft difference in depth till you get to 100 ft of line , then it's only about 1 to 2 ft difference. Just cover the water column with your baits, listen to the radio to help give you an idea how far out/back others are getting fish. Then dial it in from there.