Island runner this has turned out to be a very good post.I dont post a whole lot because i dont feel i have earned the right to tell peole how to fish yet unless i catch fish and can tell how i exactlly did it.
I have only been fishing the big lake for 3 years by myself now and have had alot and alot and alot of bad days. Here is my perspective. I started on a 26 ft cruiser with the wrong equipment. But have made some good friends up here that have realy helped out, and alot of changes like a new boat lol,12 trolling poles and better electronics. My biggest problem when i pull out of that channel is making a decision which way to go. like the other guys posted i have a lot of marks on my fishfinder of past catches. With the help from this site, confidence in what im doing and my favorite Captain Jim of www.eyehuntercharters.com (plug) and my experiences have refined my approach. I believe it comes with time on the water (were the metal meets the meat)and a good network of friends.Im a professonalfirefighter/paramedic and it took many years for me to feel comfortable at my job and i kind of relate it like that. I now feel good about what im doing on the water and the way im fishing.