Fish Finding Methodology Fish Finding Methodology Fish Finding Methodology Fish Finding Methodology
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

A thread just like this on the east end works so good luck on a west end thread. Of course we all chatt it up on there also. Its a big lake lots of fish shared info helps all.

Post Thanks / Like

Island runner this has turned out to be a very good post.I dont post a whole lot because i dont feel i have earned the right to tell peole how to fish yet unless i catch fish and can tell how i exactlly did it.
    I have only been fishing the big lake for 3 years by myself now and have had alot and alot and alot of bad days. Here is my perspective. I started on a 26 ft cruiser with the wrong equipment. But have made some good friends up here that have realy helped out, and alot of changes like a new boat lol,12 trolling poles and better electronics. My biggest problem when i pull out of that channel is making a decision which way to go. like the other guys posted i have a lot of marks on my fishfinder of past catches. With the help from this site, confidence in what im doing and my favorite Captain Jim of www.eyehuntercharters.com (plug) and my experiences have refined my approach. I believe it comes with time on the water (were the metal meets the meat)and a good network of friends.Im a professonalfirefighter/paramedic and it took many years for me to feel comfortable at my job and i kind of relate it like that. I now feel good about what im doing on the water and the way im fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

the experience of fishing will give you facts. ive been fishing erie for 35 years i still have bad days. been days when i got a quick limit and then the next day go back to the same spot and get skunked. mind you thats hard to do but its happened. but stay on channel 84 and check this site. and there is a few other walleye sites that will give good reports. our gang stays in touch by cell phone and marine radio so if i get in the fish ill call my buddies in and vice versa. this is a big help. in the spring jig close to shore from davis bessie to maumee bay will depend on water clarity and wind and the reefs usally through april. first week or two of may we switch from jigs to bottom bouncers and worm harnesses and our mayfly rigs or weapons and weight foeward spinners around crane creek to the a b c can area. then we will move out to west sister shiping channel middle sister where we will cast or troll depends on bite and wind good wind we cast low or no wind we troll this is good to middle of july and we switch to perch usally around 18 ft of water of wards for 2 -3 weeks then we move to west sister shiping channel area. and we fish the can area. every year can be different but its always great just to be on the lake. and 1 more month ill be fishing from my boat