New Law New Law New Law New Law
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Law

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by forefathers View Post
    They only filed charges for the 29 fish. Dna test would cost odnr to much to pursue. Either way this law will only make people on this board better..and more apt to turn in people over the limit. We all need to do our part.
    And what do you think it is going to cost them to litigate this law in court when they start writing tickets to those of us in our summer homes enjoying a fish fry? My permanent home is 50 miles away. I for one will fight any citation for eating legally caught fish on my patio at my summer home tooth and nail, yes as written it makes that fishfry illegal. I have always followed the game laws and expect every one else to also. Please explain how this law will make those of us who already follow the fish and game laws A better sportsman... I have never in the past had any trouble turning in poachers and I certainly didn't need this law to make me more efficent at it. This is an ill concieved law targeting as you say out of staters and in so doing has gathered in all of us who have our summer homes along the shores of lake Erie. The passage and enforcement of this law has done nothing and will do nothing to stop those who would poach or over bag fish, all it has done is make it an offence to have non identifiable fish in your freezer, with that we are back to square one, without the number of fish actually in the freezer they could only write one ticket for one fish as they would have noway of knowing how many or what species of fish were in the freezer. What it has done or will do is punish the 95+% of fishermen who follow the game laws.

Disclaimer: I am in no way advocating that only out of state fishermen are guilty of over bagging. There are just as many residents who over bag also. Out of state fishermen/sportsmen add a large chunk to our economy along the shores of Lake Erie and we all appreciate it and they deserve the right to fish here.
    Last edited by wakina; 03-04-2012 at 09:59 PM. Reason: add disclaimer
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip