Quote Originally Posted by Bigshellcracker View Post
I have several friends that have the motor mount minn kota (EM 101) and they all like them very much. I agree that they are much nicer than a kicker motor in many ways, but I use my bow mount. I have an ipilot that has auto pilot and, in my opinion, it's much nicer. The auto pilot is so nice, the only problem you might have is forgetting to turn around once in awhile to make sure you aren't gonna run into another boat. Another advantage is that you have much more boat control with the bow mount pulling the boat rather than any motor pushing the boat. I don't know what kind of boat you have, but if it is suitable for your boat, you would not regret the ipilot. the engine mounts are nice too, and cheaper. either way, I would recommend a 36 volt system. good luck.
Thanks for the info. I wanted to get a terova with I pilot but the new boat is a center consol that has a nice bow rail and the anchor locker is also on the bow. Didnt want to chop up that stuff for a bow mount unit. Also I dont like the looks and noise of a gas kicker, so that left the motor mount. I just hope it doesent affect performance.