Can anyone chime in ? Can anyone chime in ? Can anyone chime in ? Can anyone chime in ?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

The reports I heard about the trawls the DNR did in August. Which is where they get the numbers to determine what kind of hatch we had. The numbers were low and the hatch is being considered poor. They did see good #'s in July's trawls but the hatch is determined from the August trawls. The good news is the 2010 hatch was average and we will be catching a lot of them this year in the 16" to 18" class plus there are still a lot of pigs left from the 2003 hatch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mkalink View Post
    The reports I heard about the trawls the DNR did in August. Which is where they get the numbers to determine what kind of hatch we had. The numbers were low and the hatch is being considered poor. They did see good #'s in July's trawls but the hatch is determined from the August trawls. The good news is the 2010 hatch was average and we will be catching a lot of them this year in the 16" to 18" class plus there are still a lot of pigs left from the 2003 hatch.
    Here is the ODNR's official release about the trawls and when they took place, there is no mention of any July trawls only the ones that took place in August they didn't even use the trawls that were to have taken place in late Sept/early Oct. to make their official 2011 hatch estimate, if they did use them they didn't mention them in the article as being used! Read the article in the provided link as they have apparently changed the times for the test trawls.

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/enew...6/Default.aspx

In 2010 they did the same thing but then made a correction to their estimate that was released in August 2010 from trawls that had took place in July and then used the August trawls to adjust the earlier estimate. This information can be found in the 2 links posted below.

http://ohioseagrant.osu.edu/discuss/...ic,1325.0.html

http://ohioseagrant.osu.edu/discuss/...ic,1337.0.html
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=wakina;18345]I was reading another forum today and this was posted(check the link). I can't find this magazine (In-Fisherman 2012 Walleye Guide ) locally so I cannot confirm it. I will try to find it in another town on Monday. So if anyone can chime in please do so!! If any guest has read this Magazine article I am inviting you as one Walleye fisherman to another that you please register and share that information with our community. You are more than welcome on this site as a member and any contribution that you may make would be greatly appreciated!

Wakina, were you able to locate this magazine?
    You can buy a copy here if you haven't found one yet.

https://store.intermediaoutdoors.com...-Walleye-Guide

Maybe there is a contact for the author?

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Eyezcrazy;18373]
    Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    I was reading another forum today and this was posted(check the link). I can't find this magazine (In-Fisherman 2012 Walleye Guide ) locally so I cannot confirm it. I will try to find it in another town on Monday. So if anyone can chime in please do so!! If any guest has read this Magazine article I am inviting you as one Walleye fisherman to another that you please register and share that information with our community. You are more than welcome on this site as a member and any contribution that you may make would be greatly appreciated!

Wakina, were you able to locate this magazine?
    You can buy a copy here if you haven't found one yet.

https://store.intermediaoutdoors.com...-Walleye-Guide

Maybe there is a contact for the author?
    Been to 3 different towns with no luck. Thanks for the link!

Ordered the mag and intend to find out where they got their Info at! Not good if the article is ******** and they sell this magazine nationwide as being the truth.
    Last edited by wakina; 01-18-2012 at 07:46 PM. Reason: post more info!
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip