The 2012 season is drawing near but still a ways off. Some people are talking about limit changes and algea. The limits are announced sometime early April, Total Allowable Catch (TAC). Hearing rumors of this and that on the walleye or perch limits, are only rumors until announced officially. Yes, there could be a change as there are changes every year in some aspects. The algea will not get better for awhile, at least until regulations help change what is getting washed into the lake or pushed into the lake. 2011 was the wettest year on record if you havent heard, that holds alot of weight for the conditions on the water. I fished all of the west end all year and Ashtabula during late summer, and the best water clearity was Ashtabula. The bite up east was good for perch and sporadic for the big walleye I usually get but the water was clear in Asht. The west end showed the heavy rain didnt help things for the spring and early summer as the water didnt clear up alittle till Memorial day. Then the walleye started to bite with a very good summer bite on most days. Then all that silt started to make algea. Each year brings new problems that we have to deal with. I am personally hoping for a drier year and a good walleye and perch hatch. Lets see if all the stars are aligned to bless Lake Erie for the this year and future years to come. Just because we have a few set backs, it does not deter me. Over 30 years on this lake and its just another thing to deal with. I fish hard everyday the weather permits. no matter what. April 1st will be here before we know it so get your rods ready and spinners tied.Guess I was long winded or typed.