So since the fishing with the weather has been slow here lately thought i would toss something out to get some response about it. A few weekend ago i was fishing with my father in law out at D can by the reefs. I caught a blue perch. I had never seen one before. This thing was blue blue. Not silver, not kinda blue. But a nice medium blue color. Blue fins. Looked just like a yellow perch, but it was blue. other than the color it did not look any differant than every other fish in cooler, not bigger or smaller, or fatter

I wish i would had taken a picture, and i have looked on goodle and seen other pics that looks just like this one. It stood out like swore in the cooler, and after it was cleaned the skin was still just as blue, so it was not color in the scales or a slime on the fish.

First off are these safe to eat? Second anyone have any idea why it would be blue other than just a differant type of perch or a werid genetic thing. Thrid any idea what percent of these are out there. Anyone else ever get one?