'B' Can Perch 'B' Can Perch 'B' Can Perch 'B' Can Perch
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 'B' Can Perch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday trip

Heading out of Lakefront Sunday for Walleye. Bringing crew of 6 up from WV. Hoping to score on drifting. Captain has trolling gear but we'ld rather cast and drift. Anyone got any suggestions? Would appreciate any comments.

Post Thanks / Like

Let the captain troll and find an active pod of fish and pull the gear and work that small area over drifting and casting. Its alot of work but is the most productive way to fish this time of year. You can cover plenty of water find your fish and have a better chance of catching some while casting.. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you can tie a brick to a rope and drop it down to stir up the silt I know guys that would put red flags on the rope like the ones at a car dealer red is suppose to atract them. My father when he was still alive would take an onion bag with a five pound weight in it and put 5 cans of canned cat food with holes punched in the cans and drop it down to the bottom and every once in awhile shake it and the oily cat food would attract the perch. I remember being the only boat in a the pack catching fish.. Good memories.. Good Luck the walleye fishing has been to darn good to even think about perch fishing yet. I am loving this nice big fish this year.. I may take some minnows out in the morning. I have a short crew so after we get our limit of eye. Maybe we can get a limit of perch.. That would be nice...

Post Thanks / Like

Talking perch at b can

Got our limit again today half mile northeast of can. Nice fish but slow bite today for us