Water Dogs~ Perch Report Water Dogs~ Perch Report Water Dogs~ Perch Report Water Dogs~ Perch Report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    waterdog Guest

Default how do u do it

Quote Originally Posted by Panfisher1402 View Post
    That's not very many minows. I usally get about 5 dozen. How do you do it?

Put the hook in the minnow(from head to tail) and watch your pole tip..as soon as it moves....pick up the plole and set the hook! I usually lay my poles down..and they must be on the bottom. (also, when you go to any "good bait store" a dozen is usually a scoop and there are more than a dozen if you would count them. However, when I get into a lot of white bass, sheep head and white perch your minows can go purdy fast...so then cut them in half. Hope this helps you ~fish on
    Last edited by waterdog; 09-03-2011 at 05:20 AM. Reason: more detail for the new fisher person :) ~fish on!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info waterdog

waterdog Guest

Default Perch~Saturday September 3rd

30 yellow perch in 29 fow just east of the green bouy at Niagara reef. Using spreader, minows on the bottom. 9#'s at the cleaners very few through backs and one fish ohio sheephead ~nice day on the lake and the breeze helped with the heat!
    p.s. a lot of boats at "D" can at least 40 ! and a lot of boats west of Niagara around "C" can.

waterdog Guest

Default Sunday Sept 11th

Got 23 keeper yellow perch before that storm went through this afternoon. 7#s at the cleaners (had about 4 throw backs). Caught sheephead & white bass too. Started at Niagara reef, the water was stained and the that green bloom looked like split pea soup. I could not get one fish~! Nothing, my honey hole was no good, so I went north to the North West Reef (some call it the kidney) That is where I caught my fish, spreader on the bottom no bling and minnows. Seems like we are going to have a minnow shortage too with the full moon. Talked to some folks at the cleaners and they said they did well around Green Island. I attached a photo of the green bloom.

waterdog Guest

Default Friday September 16th

15 yellow perch! tuff day for me. Lake was a bit rough this morning, so I headed for the south side of an island for some cover. Set up just south of green island, then east of green island, caught about 5 yellow perch and some sheephead. Then headed to rattlesnake island, there were about 30 boats just east of the island. Caught 10 more keeper perch and about 5 throw backs and some white perch too. Hope for calm weather to get the perch on again~!

waterdog Guest

Thumbs up Perch Saturday September 17th

3 foot waves on the way out today, got a late start, left dock at 11:00. Went to Rattlesnake Island, fished north of the island in 28 fow, caught a few perch and some white perch and white bass. Went west about a mile. Caught 48 nice perch, alot of white perch and alot of white bass~! FUN We headed back to dock at 5:00. Waves we not bad where we were fishing on the sw side of the Islands. 3-5 foot waves on the way back~!
    BIG PERCH of the Day went to this young fisherman~! 12 incher he also caught the next largest perch 11 incher~!

Post Thanks / Like

Default 9/18

Well, how'd everyone do today ?

Rookie Perch fisher, veteran Perch eater !