flw boys cought fish flw boys cought fish flw boys cought fish flw boys cought fish
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile flw boys cought fish

Just left the lake and watched big bags at the weighins not every one caught full bags but the fish where impressive both on spinners and sticks most from behind kelleys 40 to 50 fow 1.2 mph I finally got a few myself one in the 9lb range. calm day and clear water good luck to all it is finaly on

steelhead Guest

OH DNR sandusky dist. Jeff Tyson and I discussed the "kill" going on. No confirmed anaylisis / findings as of yet but probable cause of death is due to April weather turbulance making the water mucked up with a combination of already "over exhausted males imediately after spawning, turn upside down and lay on the bottom, recuperating for up to many hours. Sad news is some of em just don't make it. I remember a similar story I once experienced......
    Funny thing is every knowledgeable fisherman I tell this story to, laughs out loud and then replies with something like, " I suppose he had a Malboro in one fin and a cocktail in the other", or, "That's what ya get for takin them blue pills......... No joke, this is a somewhat calculated anaylisis that makes a little sense. We all know Erie and how masses of water are affected by nature. This year is quite wierd but we fish on. So grateful to be vertical and floating. I'll be fishing out of Marblehead, (East end) 5/16 thru 5/26. I'm monitoring Ch 9. Boat is 21' G3, color is midnight blue and gold. Handle is Bazooka Joe. Big perch are great but their uncles are sooo much better. However, if perch are on, we catch perch. I'm a gambler though. I'll bet my daily reports will consistantly improve from 5/19 thru 5/25 with lots of fish between Put in Bay and Kelly's on gold crawler harnesses, (like it alway's has been for years.
    Thanks so much for your exellent and successful report on deep water eyes. I'm assuming you were East of Kelly's, (40 to 50'). That's unusual and quite ballzie to fish there now.

Steelhead

Post Thanks / Like

Was on Kelly's last week. The only day we did any good was the last day(go figure). We were off West Bay Marina in 22fow with gold mayfly harness's. Caught 5 drifting towards red can off SW of island. They were all big big eyes. 11lb-6lb's.