Perch on??? Perch on??? Perch on??? Perch on???
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Perch on???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch on???

Any good perch reports around the islands yet???
    Thanks Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Cool perch ?

Hey Scott fishing the islands for walleys for years never caught one yet , Give me a tip , Be there in early june.

Post Thanks / Like

The perch are the only thing biting arounds the islands.. Many limits caught this weekend. kelly island shoul, SE of gull island shoul. mostly caught on the bottom in 38 foot of water.. lots of fun lots of jumbos spawning.. good luck you will see the pack of boats.. The fish cleaners where real busy cleaning erch this last weekend..

Post Thanks / Like

Crow - This is somewhat unconventional and began as an act of desperation on a fishless day six Junes ago when after drifting and casting all morning between South Bass and Ballast the wife said why don't we troll in for some lunch. Two hours later we had 18 eyes in the live well (brother-in-law along for the ride). We visit Put in Bay the first week in June for four days and have caught dozens of walleye many in the 4/5 pound range and one 10 pounder trolling #7 & #8 Rapalas in 12-18 fow on a run from the big rock near East Point Cottages heading north around the point, heading east until the water shallows to 12' and then straight to Ballast Island staying to the right of the green buoy continuing toward the small island until 10 fow. Turn around and retrace. We've done this with minimal electronics in an 18' Deep V Tracker running a 90 hp Merc. I know it's very low tech trolling and not for everyone but we have had many days of 80+ fish including smallies, whites and some giant perch. If you're there June 1-4 you can easily find us. Literally, the only things that stop us are floating weeds or 3+ waves.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey ,Hatman . Had alot of good times on that island caught many of nice walley's brother in law included . I never new the perch were right there. thanks from all the info, every one . First year fishing with the woman look for a good day and maybe head over there.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for the update..

Trying to make it up this weekend. Fish Kill has me ???? Have some people who love perch and we wait till the casting starts for our eyes. Thanks again for the update.