Guests PLEASE sign in. Guests PLEASE sign in. Guests PLEASE sign in. Guests PLEASE sign in.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by captainjoe View Post
    Skipper9, I hope to get my boat from the shop soon. I am hoping to get it back by tomorrow so weather depending I can get out Sat. or Sun. There is a marina at the extreme east end of the lake (Small Boat Harbor) Buffalo,NY which is not officially open but I saw some boats leaving the ramp area today. Right now, I just checked the weather bouy and the wind is 15.5 knots gusting to 19.4 knots with 3 foot waves. The water temp is 38.8 deg. Their calling for thunderstorms Sat. night. Not ideal fishing weather. I like it when you push the fish this way but can you try not to send the wind also. Good luck fishing this weekend. I'm looking forward to hearing about your success.
    As I drove down route 5 from I 190 out of buffalo today I counted 7 boats docked in the marina and two bass boats fishing.. What are the shore anglers fishing for on the south side of the marina all lined up?

Post Thanks / Like

I hope by the time my new to me boat is ready the weater has settled down. I like to cast weapons and drift so I am not so disappointed that my boat is not at the dock yet. I hope it picks up soon and good luck to everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Default perch

Skipper 9, how is the perch bite over that way. When we docked at channel grove 6 years ago this is the time of year we nailed them off lakeside.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not heard of any reports. But that is the area I would be fishing with the water clarity getting better along the shore line.. They should be spawning now.. If I will ask around to taday and report back.. Headed to boat as I post.. Time to get the net wet..

Post Thanks / Like

I used to post on this site when it was the old format.It got to the point that there were only a few different guys doin all the posting so I quit checking this site.I noticed after they changed quite a few more people were participating. I tried to post at times but wasn't able to get in. Not sure exactly why. When I read this post I figured I should just sign up again. As for fishing posts I was out yesterday on Cone, Locust and by Crane Creek and 4 of us got NADA. This has been a spring to forget thanks to good old Ma Nature. Jigged with minnows and worms and Vibees BTW.

Post Thanks / Like

Hate to hear such bad reports, we're leaving at 9pm tonight and have a 7 hr drive, fishing for 4-5 days and I'm getting a bad feeling about this trip! with gas at $4.20 PG this is going to be expensive and if the fish arent turned on yet I would like to cancel but 2 others are looking forward to this trip, I'll pray for the best, all you fisherman please post if you can good or bad. ill do the same. Good luck to all

Post Thanks / Like

Capt. Jim, Currently stationed in Savannah Ga, bout to get out of the army in Nov. and be back in Ohio I appreciate all the post keep me updated on the fishing in the area. I look forward to being back on Erie and adding to the reports and hot spots on this forum. Take care, good luck, and keep the reports rolling.

Post Thanks / Like

Well guys - finally made the first trip out today. Is has been a very poor year for me as far as timing to get out on the lake. Heard several poor reports about the fishing from my dock buddies and did not expect much. Everything was going fine on the first trip out. Boat ran great and the weather was great. Got everyone situated on the boat and made my first cast and low and behold - 1 walleye in the box - purple hair jig - problem was this was the only walleye that made it into the boat today. Fished west of the channel on the humps as well as west of the light house along the Michigan line. Caught several sheephead and white perch. Saw several nets but all were sheephead. Lost another walleye at the boat that bit on a purple harness with a worm on a bottom bouncer. Also tried for an hour on the pear but only managed one white perch. Better days are ahead.

Post Thanks / Like

Well how you all doing, signed in for skipper9, I have not fished erie yet, kinda a newbie, have 25' searay, mainly go to lake michigan for salmon but was wanted to come to erie. My close friend has boat on huron in the thumb bay, he does good getting the walleye, but he has not been out this year, he has heard of trees floating in the lake. We are planning on a trip out next sat. Will let you all know how it goes. As far as my boat goes hoping to send half my fishing time on erie. Just hope to get a little info I don't know anyone that goes on erie.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone. This is for skipper9 and everyone else that wants people to post. I am kinda a newbie, I have a 25 sea ray, mostly go to lake michigan for salmon but would like to try erie walleye. I have a freind that goes couple times a week or more in huron, thumb bay in michigan for walleye. He has not been out yet because of reports of floating trees. We have a plan of going next weekend. Reports he has is the bite is slow. I will let you all know how it goes. I would like to spend half my fishing time on erie, if I can get a few in the boat.