22-23 April 22-23 April 22-23 April 22-23 April
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 22-23 April

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default watching and waiting

I canceled vacation and am hoping for next week but still don't see promising weather. I live in Kentucky and have already tried those not good weather trips before. Not worth it. Drove up one time and got skunked. Took a while to get over that one. I just hope this weather pattern changes soon.I got the fever bad.

onetrack

Post Thanks / Like

At least there are some good Charters up there. We had an awful experience with Seabreeze earlier this year. Bad weather was in the forecast and we were told by them that everything would be fine by Cpt Bob the day before (one of many calls we made to make sure we didn't waste a trip). Needless to say we woke up to thunderstorms that morning, caught three fish in 7 hours and our captain told us that we should really call before making the trip next time. After e-mailing them and never getting a response back, I will never be on another one of their boats. I will be contacting J and J or another Charter next time we head up. I want to be on a boat where somebody cares that you have a good experience, not just that they get their money.

Post Thanks / Like

Skipper 9 based on water temps and hopefully better weather next weekend do you think the jig bite will still be an option or moving out to harnesses and trolling. Coming up to fish the 1st and am wondering what methods to plan on.

Thanks
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like

I think that you will have all three options by next weekend.. We have alot of spawned out females that should start taking worms soon. The jig bite will still be going on till the middle of may.. As far as trolling goes its been hot for two weeks..