I know everyone is sick of the the topic of releasing/keeping the larger fish but I wanted to share my own experience or opinion. I would find it hard to believe that there is anyone on this thread that would say that larger fish taste better. if there is then you really like the "fishy" tasting fish. which I can attest some people do like. However I'm not one of those people. I would hope that EVERYONE would follow the legal guidelines for size and limits. that isn't the issue. The issue is that every time I go out to Erie in the spring I hear guys either at the cleaning station or talking over a cold one at wild wings about better days gone by as far as the average size of fish caught out there. This of course is at the exact same time they are cleaning a nice 6-8 pound female full of eggs. tagged along with some new friends last year and they may us keep everything. I'm still trying to choke down the fishy table fare. On the flip side, I agree that sometimes it is very hard to catch your limit of nice eaters but Who put the stigma around catching your limit? that seems to be the only thing that matters. If I caught 8 fish in the day (hopefully will be more) and only caught 3 under 20" what is wrong with keeping three fish? I will never go hungry. I like to catch fish and would love more chances at landing a 10+ lber. I do realize that there needs to be population control for the benefit of the fishery as well. I just have to put my faith in the DNR/fisheries to know what they are doing. having grown up in Minnesota I was very surprised to see that there is no slot limit to the walleye. I realize that this body of water is different from most if not all lakes in N. America and there may be no problems. anyway, sorry to put you all through this. I'm not taking sides here just can't believe how some people complain about things while doing the exact thing that causes it. Kinda like sticking your tongue to the frozen flag pole and bitching about why it sticks.