Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports (JULY 2010) Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports (JULY 2010) Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports (JULY 2010) Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports (JULY 2010)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    sig061 Guest

Default 07-24-2010

Fished North & East of Kelly's. There seemed to be 2 packs of boats in the area yesterday. The first pack was probably 1-2 miles North & 5 miles East of the island. 2nd pack seemd to be 2-2.5 miles North & possibly 8-10 miles east of the island. (I'm just guessing on the distance, by sight) I'll load my GPS on the computer later. We got a late start & picked up some prehistoric sheephead. Fish on the sounder seemed to be in the middle or up top. Took a couple of small drifts and finally found a few walleye. Caught one per drift. First was about 20" & thin. Second was a 24" pig! We positioned for another longer drift that would have put us in the area of both fish, but the weather got nasty quick. We took off around 1:15, & I'm sure we would have picked up more if we stayed.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Found Some Perch

My Father-in-Law took the wife and kids out yesterday. They found a good perch bite near can 17 on the shipping channel. Got 16 lbs. in about 4 hours.
    I'll probably go out Sat. and try this area again. We keep the radio on scan if anyone wants a report call for "Dirty Business"

fireman Guest

Default perch and walleye aug 1

Went to Canada for walleye,fished top of wagon wheel.Caught 4 walleye in 3 hours casting,gold and orange weapons.Stopped at Ballast on the way home to try for perch,two man limit in an hour and a half,all were 8-10 inches.

sig061 Guest

8/1 Fished N&E of Kelley's again. Slightly further East than last weekend. We picked up 4 & it took some work. Tons of sheephead... & I caught the largest catfish I've ever seen. Seemed like his head was the size of a volley-ball!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lorain report

Got 90 perch, decent size off Lorain Lighthouse Saturday. Got another 60 today. Met a guy at the pumps on the way in Sat, had 13 nice walleye trolling off shore between all the perch boats at lorain lighthouse and Beaver Park beach.

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishing 8-19

fished north of water intake, gravel pit and by shipping channel green and white buoy. Kept 72 perch 4 guys fishing. Pretty slow day. Nicest fish were 8 miles out by shipping channel.

Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya on the shipping channel.must have been in similar area on thursday,started at gravel pit,hit a few and then turned small, moved out by lighthouse were pack was,lotta sheeps and small ones,moved way out between red/white and green;white on channel and hit some nice ones.even got a 12 incher,and several 10-11 inchers.23 fish,12lbs.
    got a late start so i had to work for them,and it was odd, the bigger the fish the softer the bite.and bigger shiners,over 3 inch,were magnets for junk fish and the smaller perch.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday Perching

Fished by buoy 13 sunday in 2-4 footers. 4 guys kept 100 for 22 lbs. Some real nice fish and some smaller ones. Lots of 3 inch white bass. Crappie rigs and spreaders without blades were best bet. Cut all minnows the smaller chunks were better for perch bigger and whole minows caught the junk fish