I am a new member and I am hoping that someone will give me some information on fishing on Lake Erie. I joined the Air Force in 1980 and moved away from the area. I retired a couple of years ago, and I am returning to Indiana for a family reunion, and I would like to take my brothers fishing on Erie. I used to fish on Erie around West Sister with friends who had boats, but I never really payed attention to where we launched from. We will be coming from northeast Indiana, likely on I-80, and I would appreciate some info on the best public boat ramp to launch from to get out to west sister island. We are going to be fishing on July 19th, so hope the fishing will still be OK around west sister. If someone is willing to share some areas in the western basin that are good during the July timeframe, I would appreciate that as well. I used to use Erie Dearies and Hot n Tots back in the 70's and I assume that nightcrawler harnesses, crankbaits and spoons work as well. I fish in South Dakota a lot for walleyes and we typically use bottom bouncers and crawler harnesses, so I will probably try those as well. Appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.
Phil