I plan to start trolling using spoons next time up to Erie. A couple questions for those that are more experienced trolling spoons:

1) What size Michigan Stinger (or other) spoons do you recommend for walleye - 3 1/4 - 3 3/4 or the mangums - 4 3/4 I believe?
2) Any favorite all-around color combos?
3) What speed should I troll - I know, depends on time of year, water temp, water clarity, moon phase, etc.. - but is around 1.8-2.0 mph good avg speed?
4) For trolling spoons, I have boards and downriggers (which I have yet to use on my boat that I purchased last fall). I realize when trolling spoons I want to be higher in the water column - again, depends on where I'm marking fish, but I figure if I'm trolling in 35' water, put a variety of depths - anywhere from 12'-25' down? Use the boards as well as downrigger or does anyone flat line off the back and use snap weights?
5) Any other recommendations you can think of?

I'm a drift fisherman for the most part(casting and bottom bouncing) and slow troll using worm harnesses but want to try some spoon trolling as I read how productive it can be...

I'll probably hit the area North of Kelly's in the next week or two and try this method. Thanks!