Harbor Light Harbor Light Harbor Light Harbor Light
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harbor Light

duckdog Guest

Default real fisherman

my thanks go out to you pap and lowe and to thows that post my season will start this weekend my boat go's out of wards canal and i will post as i get started thare are a lot of good ppl on here i am on channel 68 most of the time and will help as i can im no pro but my son and i can catch fish and love shareing our exsperances . so hope to talk to new and old friends soon good fishn and be safe . Big Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Thank you to all that post often and accurate

This is walleye rick. I'm the guy who started walleye.com 10+ years ago and started this new forum two years ago. And yes, I also run the www.walleyetacklestore.com shop.

I want to thank EVERYONE who takes the time out of their day to post accurate fishing reports. These reports help everyone, especially the weekend fisherman who is driving from some distance away (e.g. Columbus, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Chicago, you name it) in the hopes of having success on ole Lake Erie.

Kudos to all Fishing Reporters. Keep em coming.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile thanks lowe

thanks lowe for the reports, I know before I leave the dock if
    I should turn towards the west or go east, I know where he is fishing and know he telling the truth, and far as 100 walleyes for the season anyone who fishes aleast twice a week has over
    a hundred in thier boat for the season easy, come on the charters sort thru 50 to70 fish a day just fun fishing, keep up the reports esp. from the maumee bay area.

Post Thanks / Like

It takes us about 9hrs to get to lamberjacks,from our area the Poconos, thats eastern PA. I gather all the info I can for months off this site. Its great to have an idea of whats working,and a general idea where to start, thanks to all the fishing posters with there info. I keep a log of whats going on so dont forget till I get there,when Im on vacation no computers,phones, just my boat,gps,friends,BEER, and with a little luck, some walleyes. This year will be a little different, cause only 3 of us been to Erie before all the oleboys are gone.So we need all info possible, and this is what this site was intended to do, not argue about bs. nitpick stuff!!!. PS.I also look at Captain Daves report, he helped us out alot on our first trip(HAPPY HOOKER bait shop)This is it for me till I get back to PA. Then I will post our report. Thanks to everyone,& keep a tight line till I get there. PAP

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Guys!!

Thanks to all of you...
    It take's all of us on here to keep up on the fishing.....To help those out who love to catch walleye and live hours away...To help us who live on the shore's of this Beautiful lake...We can all go out and get fish on any given day,but with a little help we can make that day alot more productive...That what this site is about...I'm glad to have talked to so many great people and some not so great LOL...Pap were you up at Lamberjacks with 7 other people 2 weeks ago?? I met some people from penn and was wondering if that was you??? Good luck and be safe...Special thanks to all of those who stepped up when the haters stepped in!!!!
    Thanks,
    MIKE...LOWE LIFE

Post Thanks / Like

LOWE, that wasnt me, we are comming out to lamberjacks the 7th-13th. I would like to meet you in person some time. If I can scratch enough $ money together I would like to buy a radio, Im mostly rigged up for samon fishing, down riggers, temp probe and speed at the ball. It all takes money, work isnt that great right now. I was wondering what your prediction on what methood would be most productive at this time, harnesses,trolling,ect any input would be great. till then tight lines to all that post positive info this week.I will check it out every day this week, because friday morning we will be Erie bound at 6am, cant wait!!!! PAP

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pap

I'm not sure which will be best for fishing...I think tommrow night we will give it a try out here in toledo and we will be jigging for them...It all depends on the water temp..If it gets any warmer then you'll have to go with harnesses...Jigging up their last week was SLOW, but I was never really on the fish that day...I'll talk to some of the guys I know up at Wild Wings and see if I can get ant Info out of them...We can meet up one night at our cottage,since it's right next to lamberjack's..How many guys you bringing this way...Depends on work but mabey I'll fry up some fish for you guys...Which cottage do you stay at??? They have a cottage right next door to ours right on the creek...Let me know and we'll at least have a few beers and tell about the one that got away..
    LOWE LIFE

Post Thanks / Like

Default Late May fishing.

Heading up to Put In Bay the last week in May. What are some good spots around the islands and what might be the best way to fish for walleye at that time. Since it's the only time of the year I can make it up, I'd like to come with a mess of fish. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

LOWE, I dont know yet what house we will be in yet till we get there. is there a phone # number I can reach you at? my personal e male is [email protected] if you want to tell me. we will have 6 guys all old coots but a great group of guys. Right know Im smoking some jerky for the trip if I dont have much work this week Im makeing some hot sticks also. You bet all deer meat! We are all from the old school!! The older guys have there wives make a dish of some sort.I bring my cooker with peanut oil we make dutch fries, Fish Ect. you got to stop in and try the dutch fryes if never had them, a little salt an Heinze cider vineger, cant beet it with a beer!! some how I feel you will fit right in. A couple of beers after a long days fishing and the stories these guys tell are priceless They are all military vets been around the world. One is a ww2 vet he can sling the **** like know body I know. Davey is 90 or so first trip to Erie. Thanks for all you did PAP. keep a tight line till we get there PAP

Post Thanks / Like

Smile crane creek waters

all the charters kill them off crane creek, 12 to 14 ft, purple
    and tipped with minnows.