My brother and I went out for the last trip this year. It has been a while since we have been out. Left Meinke's at 10:00. Started 1 mile north of Little Cedar Point. Few fish. Water clear - could see 4 feet down. No bites in 45 minutes of fishing. Moved to the 2nd bouy past the light house. Water dirtier - could see 2 feet down. Fished for 45 minutes and had 7 in the box. Moved south of the light house and searched for fish. Could not find anything worth stopping for. Headed toward the Toledo Water Intake. Got about 2 miles west of it an the water became very muddy. Headed closer to shore. Got between the Intake and shore and stopped at the mud line (3/4 of a mile from shore) Ended up with our 50 fish by 2:00. Bite was steady. Bait had to be laying on the bottom. Average fish was 9". Kept nothing under 7 1/2". Largest was 11". Actually a good day on the lake - especially when the sun stayed out. Breeze was out of the north and would get chilly when the sun went behind the clouds.

Overall - the year was an average year for us numbers wise. Walleye size was the biggest in years. Perch fishing was better then last year until we had the big blow in early October.

This is the first year I was on this site and found it to be a very good place to share information. I usually fish a couple of days a week. Usually in the far western end - west of the reefs.

Looking forward to next year.....

Pz