Perch Perch Perch Perch
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Perch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    waterdog Guest

Default Sunday June 14th

Got 16 nice perch, 8-10 inch range, no real hogs, but nice none the least.
    Only fished about 2 hours just east of the green can at Niagara reef in 29 fow using spreaders with minows and no bling. Had a night crawler on one half of the spreader to see if the perch would like that but we had no takers!
    The bite was real light and I think those mayflies have even affected the perch fishing too!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Perchin

I had a good friend take their boat out of Lorain last Sunday perch fishing. Four of them caught 40 nice fish. When one of the guys handed his rod to the young girl to reel in, what he thought was a really big sheephead, she hauled in a 31" 10.5 lb Walleye. Not bad for a little perch spreader and a minnow. That just made their day. You just never know what's gonna happen out there, that's why we gotta get out there.

Labshavit Guest

Waterdog where are you going out off to get to Niagra and how far of a run is it?

Post Thanks / Like

Oak Harbor would be closest if there is a launch and would put you within 8 miles of Niagra. I use the Portage River and it is 10.5 miles at 346 heading. The West launch from catawba would put you abou the same distance or a little closer. 9 miles or so at a 325 roughly but check that one out before you run it.

waterdog Guest

Default Perch Sunday July 12th

Fished by E can and caught 12 7-8 inch perch. There was this green floating chunks of algae in the water. Went out south of Niagara and drifted. Caught sheephead and one throwback walleye 14". Was using may fly rig tiped with a night crawler. Waves were 1 foot or less and the drift was .5 mph. Nice!

waterdog Guest

Default Tuesday~July 21

Got 12 perch today, did it drifting. Put a spreader out with two minows and casting a mayfly rig in 20 fow. I started out east of round reef. Caught one 15" walleye, and 12 sheephead. Several sheephead were 22 ".
    great drift .5 mph then by noon wind picked up.

Post Thanks / Like

fished b can and east of the can, picked up 3 perch in two hours, moved to L can no luck there, pulled the boat moved to catawaba, picked up 2 fish in the first 5 mins off the green bouy, picked up no more fish, called it a day, just a bad day on the lake anyone else??