Fishing with Robbi and Carson....9/22/2024 Fishing with Robbi and Carson....9/22/2024 Fishing with Robbi and Carson....9/22/2024 Fishing with Robbi and Carson....9/22/2024
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing with Robbi and Carson....9/22/2024

Robbi and his boy Carson came up from KY to fish with me, on a recommendation from a previous customer, who is friends with him. They wanted to fish for walleye, so we were headed to Huron, this morning.

I picked them up from their motel at 6am, and headed into town for the usual order of ice and powdered donuts, and off we went.

The air temp was 61 degrees, the wind calm, and the sky was clear. It was just starting to lighten in the east, so by the time we launched, idled up the river, and hit the lake, we didn't need the navigation lights on anymore.

I wanted to try inside, before heading back out to where I was two days ago, and made one pass to the west, and then one pass to the east...we caught 4 fish. But, the floating grass was bad, and it was making me crazy, so I said, "Let's finish this pass, and then we'll head out there...(pointing to the north, with an out-stretched arm). Let's see if those fish are still out there...there's no grass out there".

Luckily for us, they were, but they were a better size grade than two days ago. I think today's cooler probably doubled the weight of Friday's cooler.

Carson had never caught a walleye, but is a very good little angler. He's joined the Bass Team at his school, and has his first tournament next weekend. Robbi, knows what he's doing in the boat, too, so it was a very pleasant and easy day for me.

They had never used dipsies before, but it didn't take long for them to get used to retrieving and setting the lines on their own. The dipsey program was kept simple...
    Two inside rods were run on the zero setting, and the two outside rods were on the 3 setting. Zero, at 55, and the 3 setting at 90 was our best leads.

Bandits ran behind the Off Shore boards at 115 and 100 back, with no weights, and caught two of the bigger fish on the 115 lead, with a "Green Lantern" (Slim Shady Custom). I changed out the two bandits on the port side with more Green Lanterns, but those were the only two fish that would be caught on cranks this morning. The rest were steady-hitting the spoons.

Color didn't seem to matter too much.

Speed was 2.5 on the FishHawk.

We kept circling on a 1/2 mile area, over 43 feet of water, straight out of Huron, and had fun with some wet toothy critters for a few hours.

Robbi and Carson said they had a lot of fun, and learned a lot. We all caught our limits, and headed back in. I took a slow ride in, because it was just one of those end of summer days, you don't want to forget. The lake was perfect for running, the weather warm, and the company... better than par.

I am not scheduled until next weekend, but I may have a trip this Thursday, I don't know yet.

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Robbi and Carson....9/22/2024-robby-carson-9-22-20243-jpeg Fishing with Robbi and Carson....9/22/2024-robby-carson-9-22-20249-jpeg Fishing with Robbi and Carson....9/22/2024-robby-carson-9-22-202410-jpeg Fishing with Robbi and Carson....9/22/2024-robby-carson-9-22-202412-jpg Fishing with Robbi and Carson....9/22/2024-robby-carson-9-22-202413-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fishing with Robbi and Carson....9/22/2024

Thanks Juls, great report as usual. Nice to hear some bigger fish are making their way back. About time to get the bow out which leaves me pier fishing later in Oct/Nov.

Best of luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fishing with Robbi and Carson....9/22/2024

After reading that, it may have been better understood if I added "and arrows". Hunting season is around the corner.