8/22-8/23 8/22-8/23 8/22-8/23 8/22-8/23

Thread: 8/22-8/23

Post Thanks / Like

Default 8/22-8/23

Late with the report, just randomly busy weekend.

Perched Thursday afternoon around G can with my cousin and his little 4 year old boy. Humminbird was lit up like Christmas so was excited thinking we could get the little guy into some hot action BUT noooooooo, we completely struck out! fished for 3 hours, moved a couple times and only managed 1 stinkin white perch for all the effort lol! He was getting pretty restless (I couldnt blame him!) so we ended up just swimming for the last hour off the back of the boat.

Stayed at Kelleys that night and next morning decided to try the East side for walleye since we struck out so hard the day before on perch. Tried slow drifts (no wind at all!) on the south side in a real small pack and had on perch gear, a deadstick jig, and casting harnesses. Nothing at the south side, then moved East into another small pack. Marked some here and there and ended up trolling harnesses to try to cover water. Managed 1 mid sized sheep and 1 short walleye before the little guy was bored out of his mind and wanted to go to the beach (again, couldnt blame him!).

I fished hard AF trying to get him into some action but just couldnt get anything going. And of course the last couple days all i see are reports of quick limits around the Cans lol .

Might be back up next weekend or following to see if I can finally break through on the perch! Had the boat for 4 years and I think the grand total of perch on board is around 40 haha!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 8/22-8/23

hey keep on trying, sorry you didn't get many fish for the kid, lake erie can surley humble you. The western end of the lake this time of the year is not the best for walleye, Go to Geneva or Astabula on fire this time of the year for nice size walleye. The cans for perch next time, maybe green or rattlesnake.
    Last edited by penalty box; 08-27-2024 at 06:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 8/22-8/23

I had roughly the same luck on Saturday. Managed to pull in one 6" walleye and didn't hit anything on Perch. I'm going to head out this week and weekend and focus on perch and hopefully have better luck.

Quote Originally Posted by tomdury View Post
    Late with the report, just randomly busy weekend.

Perched Thursday afternoon around G can with my cousin and his little 4 year old boy. Humminbird was lit up like Christmas so was excited thinking we could get the little guy into some hot action BUT noooooooo, we completely struck out! fished for 3 hours, moved a couple times and only managed 1 stinkin white perch for all the effort lol! He was getting pretty restless (I couldnt blame him!) so we ended up just swimming for the last hour off the back of the boat.

Stayed at Kelleys that night and next morning decided to try the East side for walleye since we struck out so hard the day before on perch. Tried slow drifts (no wind at all!) on the south side in a real small pack and had on perch gear, a deadstick jig, and casting harnesses. Nothing at the south side, then moved East into another small pack. Marked some here and there and ended up trolling harnesses to try to cover water. Managed 1 mid sized sheep and 1 short walleye before the little guy was bored out of his mind and wanted to go to the beach (again, couldnt blame him!).

I fished hard AF trying to get him into some action but just couldnt get anything going. And of course the last couple days all i see are reports of quick limits around the Cans lol .

Might be back up next weekend or following to see if I can finally break through on the perch! Had the boat for 4 years and I think the grand total of perch on board is around 40 haha!