Big boards VS Small boards Big boards VS Small boards Big boards VS Small boards Big boards VS Small boards
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Big boards VS Small boards

Big boards VS Small boards-img_3476-jpg
    thanks for sharing…these are the clips I was using. Connected to line with a size 10 rubber band.

Post Thanks / Like

We had 5 rods on each side and a down rod on the corner. The captain did not have the tru trips set to release so there never was a bad release. I do think the tru trips were easier to reel in than a small board. I have a Tracker deep V 18' and I just use the small boards and now that I have them set up with the pro release it is so much easier to reel the fish in. All of these comments are interesting to read and shows we all enjoy to fish and either way is the right way.

Post Thanks / Like

In regard to lazydays post about getting tangles with the inline boards. You might consider going on a charter for a day, that uses inline boards. Juls and Capt Sam use inline boards and post here.So they would be good to learn from. Should be able to use 2-3 inline boards per side without getting tangles. Make sure longer lead on outside board and if adding weight use weight on inside board.

Post Thanks / Like

Fish Finder: it’s not that I was getting false releases with my jet divers. I was getting false releases in terms of the rubber band getting pulled from the clip on the tow line. And when that wasn’t happening it was because I overcompensated by tightening the tensioner screw on clip too much making it nearly impossible to free the line. Just a matter of finding that perfect setting (somebody suggested a pound-inch torque screwdriver). But yes, learning how to use all the different trolling equipment is part of the fun of fishing.

Itsbob: thank you for the tips, I’ll certainly look into booking a teaching charter if I decide to go back to the offshore boards.