Lorain 6/1 Lorain 6/1 Lorain 6/1 Lorain 6/1
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lorain 6/1

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lorain 6/1

Launched out of hot waters at 6am and headed NW to 40' of water. Trolled straight north about 7 miles. Caught 12 keepers using bandits set at 60' back unassisted, 50/30 w/2 oz snap weight, and 50/45 w/2 oz snap weight on each side. We turned around and made the same path again and got 12 more. Carrot top took 75% of the fish with sprinkles and blue shiner taking the rest. Nice grade of fish today with 2 fish O's one of which was 31". Speed was between 1.9-2.3. Beautiful sunrise this morning as well!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Lorain 6/1

Nice Job!! We were out there as well. Pulled small spoons on jets, and Hit Sticks. Caught 5 shorts to every1 keeper. The launch was an absolute zoo. We were in line at 6:15 and the boat was not in the water till 7:00. Never seen it quite that bad before. Probably didn't help that one lane was unusable due to a bunch of logs and dead wood piled in it. Oh well.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Tuna Chaser;79641]Nice Job!! We were out there as well. Pulled small spoons on jets, and Hit Sticks. Caught 5 shorts to every1 keeper. The launch was an absolute zoo. We were in line at 6:15 and the boat was not in the water till 7:00. Never seen it quite that bad before. Probably didn't help that one lane was unusable due to a bunch of logs and dead wood piled in it. Oh well.[/QUOT

We arrived at the launch at about 530 and got in pretty quickly, but I heard a half hour later was a mess. I went out earlier in the week drifting and casting worm harnesses and had the same issue you did with the shorts. The shorts are tough to deal with but it looks good for our future fishery. I will tell you the further we went north the better grade of fish we got. From about 3 to 5 miles out the shorts were everywhere. For what its worth, from 6-8 miles straight north is where we got the nicer fish. Thanks for the info about your setup, all the info you can get helps as the posts are not as frequent as out west.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee's Lads View Post
    Launched out of hot waters at 6am and headed NW to 40' of water. Trolled straight north about 7 miles. Caught 12 keepers using bandits set at 60' back unassisted, 50/30 w/2 oz snap weight, and 50/45 w/2 oz snap weight on each side. We turned around and made the same path again and got 12 more. Carrot top took 75% of the fish with sprinkles and blue shiner taking the rest. Nice grade of fish today with 2 fish O's one of which was 31". Speed was between 1.9-2.3. Beautiful sunrise this morning as well!
    Hello, I hope you do not mind me asking this question buy what exactly do you mean when you say 50/30 with 2 oz snap, does that mean 50 foot back with the snap on the 30 feet back, thanks sorry for my ignorance

Post Thanks / Like

Usually means 50 ft then 2 oz weight then 30 more ft then board for total of 80 ft.

Post Thanks / Like

itsbob would be correct.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the post and good job on catching some bigger fish.We drove to Lorain from Catawba last year looking for bigger fish.But i think it was late june or July before we did make the run.We caught fish,but the bigger ones were already gone.