Favorite trolling spoons Favorite trolling spoons Favorite trolling spoons Favorite trolling spoons
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Favorite trolling spoons

dreamweaver dw spoons are 1 of my top favorite in the 3 3/4 size. the best color we have used is the purple alewife. but they have many good colors.

another great spoon is the Michigan Stingger in the standard or I've had great luck with the scorpion. I had great luck with anything that has purple in it. but other colors have produced very well. I haven't used them lately but they had a bad problem with the paint peeling off back then. another color is the Dr Korvorkion. I used the scorpion spoon when I used them. the larger spoons I use now came later.

another great spoon for us has been galeforcetackle.com spoons and worm harnesses. we use mostly the smaller spoons from them. Dr Death, reverse muffin, and other colors have worked well. but our very best is the jawbreaker, it's mostly pink with spots which I believe are blue.

other brands will also work for you. try a mix of the small spoons and the medium spoons and let the fish choose the size they want that day.

Post Thanks / Like

OH, I forgot we like to run them around 2.5 to 3.0 but mostly shoot for 2.7 and adjust the speed up or down if needed.

Post Thanks / Like

I make a trip to fish the middle of May and a trip the first week of June. My May trip is mostly pulling crawler harnesses "meat". There are people pulling spoons during this time. I just think crawlers this time of year is a more consistent bite. Then by the first week of June the spoon bite has kicked in. I mainly have Michigan stinger spoons. Colors are allover the place for me. Blueberry muffin and a red head wonder bread are usually in the starting line up. Hope this helps