Quote Originally Posted by Capt Juls View Post
There were several boats over there, too, but not too crowded, so down went the Terrova and the baby Merc. The Fish Hawk was deployed, because there's a lot of current in that area, and the speed set at 1.8 on the FH. The SOG was showing 2.0-2.1mph on an easterly direction.
Thanks for another great report Capt. Juls! I do have a question about your trolling method of using your "baby Merc" and the Terrova simultaneously. What advantages do you see of doing this if higher speeds aren't necessary? Do you have better boat control? Would you say the extra noise of running the Merc is an advantage, disadvantage or do you feel the extra noise makes little difference? I do not have a small kicker on my boat, but the only time I've felt I needed it was when I need higher speeds or when I am trying to troll into the wind. So I have been considering getting one if there is definite advantage of having it. I have a relatively small boat, 18 foot Tracker Targa Deep V. I would value your thoughts on this or anyone else that would like to chime in.

Thanks! Lynn