Quote Originally Posted by markle View Post
Taking a few days of vacation at Labor Day. Will be first time fishing out of Ashtabula and Geneva on the Lake. Any locations or areas of advice to begin trolling for Walleyes? Thanks
in the water, LOL. sorry, but I had to say that. I can't really give you any good advice because I have never fished that late before. but the fish have been in 70' or better but once the water cools they will move closer to shore. I have heard guys talking about going past the 2nd hump at Bula for your best fishing there. but at Geneva just go north to 70'+ and troll north if the wind is blowing from the south. If the waves are from the north I would go out to 73' then troll south. If the fish have already started moving in the 45' to 65' is where I would start fishing.

but hopefully, you will get better advice from guys that know more about what's going on with the walleye. as a last hail mary I would also ask at the marina and don't be shy about asking other guys. a few might give you a line of bull $ht but most fishermen will help you. usually, the marinas know where to start. and take what info you get but also watch what all the other boats are doing.

but we usually fish the deeper water because we get better fish and not nearly as many shorts as in shallower water.