Quote Originally Posted by Thompson_Skipper View Post
Went out for the first time this year on Monday the 31st, didn’t get out to the pack of boats southwest of Green Island until almost 10:00. Saw some marks on the fish finder and dropped anchor, spent almost four hours and just could not seem to really get going, ended up with only 12 fish for two people, most are nice sized ones, but definitely not the day we were hoping for. Tried moving once and then really stopped catching anything, he frozen shiners from Jeanettes. Hope to get out this weekend and do a little better.
Go early, go to the G can area, once set give it a some time (30 min.) Look for the green marks on your fish finder, they are eating spiny fleas, if you catch fish, do not leave, give it more time, never leave fish to find fish, I use a spreader and no bling, look for the light bite, if you see it pull some teeth!
I find the best bite is when you have some wind to move you boat back and forth, if you use golden , run the hook
in the gut then do a full body hook up.
Any time your out is a learning time do not be discouraged it can take some time to be a yellow gold master my young Jedi
My best,
~ Water Dog