Quote Originally Posted by sherman51 View Post
it would help if we knew where you fish? I would have kept the bow mast and got what I believe it's called a pully retriever from traxstech and used them on my tow line to bring the line to me to attach releases. if you're fishing deep water during the summer on the central basin the best thing to do is pick up a couple of Okuma convector 30 reels then fill close to halfway with mono and attach about 200' of 30# braid and put 300' of 15# trolling wire. let out the wire then maybe 30' of braid and attach to release and put on mainline. good baits to use are deep diving husky jerk 12,s or deep diving walleye bandits, or even use bay rat deep diver cranks.
I usually fish Western Basin, in and around Kelleys, follow the fish. Usually I drift, cast and run downriggers.

Thanks for the detailed information, especially the reals and how to load them. I have never used wire in in freshwater, just when fishing out of Cape Cod, a few times, years ago. But, after looking at all the options for wire, that's a possibility.

The owner before me had quite the system set up for the big boards. I'm just scaling it back, but you never know. If the fishing gets tough, you need to do, what you need to do, to catch fish.

Still need to figure out about the tracks and durability.

Thanks
John