Thanks for the report Fishing Tiger. It is interesting because I launched out of Huron as well Thursday morning even though I would have much rather been fishing in the islands area. I live in Indiana, so my thought was that I will start in Huron which is farther away for me and then move back to the islands if the fishing isn't so good over there. I got out at daybreak and fished for about 3 hours and only caught 1 walleye. I was fishing about due north of Huron and the water was very stained. I found out later from the MODIS imagery that there was better water further east. But, not knowing that at the time, I decided to head back west, thinking I couldn't do much worse than I was doing at Huron. I got back to Mazurik about noon and the water color didn't look very good from what I could see just looking from the launch, so I left and launched out of Fenwick Marina.
I began by heading towards West Sister, still having no clue where I could find decent water, and then headed towards the reefs. I set up north of the reef area in about 32 fow, but the water was still very stained. Finally after 2 pm I did get a good image, but was disappointed to see that everything from Kelleys west was very stained. I stuck it out for a couple hours and managed to get one more eater size before I threw in the towel and headed home.
Anyways, I'm glad you guys did better than I did! Still learning this whole thing as far as where the water is more likely to be better when I don't have anything to go by other than this forum. I guess I should have put more stock in the Castle report, but honestly, I didn't know where that was.
Hope to be out again in a couple weeks once the water temps come up a bit and maybe I won't have east winds to deal with either.
Good luck everyone and be safe!