Where to start? Muddy water Where to start? Muddy water Where to start? Muddy water Where to start? Muddy water
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where to start? Muddy water

Hi all. Was looking to get out next 3 days out of indiana. Was looking for any tips or clues on where to start. Was thinking on starting on east kellys and out front of cedar point. Or launching from huron and working that towards vermilion. Any help would be greatly appreciated and will keep you all updated on how we do!

Default Re: Where to start? Muddy water

Look at my post for the Castle 03/26. Can't ask for a better trip out.

I have the same dilemma. I would rather fish Kelleys but right now the water color and bite out of Huron is better than off Kelleys. Just head north out of Huron until you hit stained water. It is not far.

If you decide to fish Kelleys you may want to try the South Passage if you can find dingy water there.

Chromes were best yesterday, but darker baits produced best today.

If my guests doesn't object, I will post our report tomorrow on where we went and what we find.
    Mike

we fished Wednesday thru Friday northwest corner of Kelly's. clear water to stained. caught our limits in the stained. blue chrome and white did best

Thanks all. I think I'll start by huron from the sounds of it which is what I figured from last satellite image. I'll keep you guys posted on how we do. Appreciate all the input!

Launched at huron at 800 and was fishing at 830. We got 15 walleye that was a real nice grade of fish. 10 of them were 25 to 29 inches. 1.1 to 1.4 sog. Best leads were 60 to 120 unassisted. Colors were all over. Blue chrome, Wonderbread, electric zebra, taco salad and firetiger doing well. Really had to grind for them after the morning bite. Back at it tomorrow. Will let you know how we do.

I didn't get out of Huron until 1:00 and it was really slow for us. We marked allot of fish deep but nothing would rise on our Bandits or P10s. We ground out a limit of eaters but nothing to brag about, All our fish came on super rogues 35 to 38 deep over 40. Speed was 1.5. Chrome blue and gold red were the best colors.
    Mike

The FishAngler app's fish forecast shows that the time you were fishing was a very low bite time, so it's not your skills that are at fault...
    Attached Images Attached Images Where to start? Muddy water-img_7969-jpg Where to start? Muddy water-img_7970-jpg Where to start? Muddy water-img_7971-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

What, there's a fish app?? Capt Juls, you must have developed some faith in it over time or you wouldn't have shared it eh? Like the hunting apps it wouldn't keep me home but what a cool motivator to stay out longer if it's good, like mid day. Especially for us who aren't under any time crunch out there. Thank you as always for sharing your experiences and insight.