Thanks guys! I appreciate it. As for the fishing report, I made it out to Lorain on Monday. Awesome weather for January. Launched out of Hot-waters, which was inappropriately named given the slush floating in the marina.

Met a nice guy named “Dammit-Dave” (sounds like maybe his wife came up with that handle) at the launch and we exchanged numbers so we could share info on the water. The water was very muddy from the marina out to 45+ fow, but the screen was loaded, so we decided to put the lines in. We trolled for 4 hours and were 0/6. The board would drop back 3-4 feet and by the time we touched the rod they were gone. One got off after 5-6 turns of the reel. Never had that happen before. At least not in a row like that. Tried all different baits, speeds, leads, etc.

“Dammit-Dave” was 1/3 during that time. The one they had was on a P-10, 30/30. With a 2 oz. I didn’t have any P-10’s, so I tried some other shallow divers with 2 oz snaps. As we got out to 52-53 fow, the water was looking much better. Nice green stain to it. I made a turn to stay parallel to the good water and when my inside boards stalled, one went back. We landed that one. Decent 5 lb fish.

Landed another one about the same size on the same bait, 30/30 again, on another turn/stall. That was it. Had one more drive-by on the same bait.

The screen was absolutely loaded all day. Never seen anything like it.